I am seeking re-election to ensure the Town successfully executes on a wide range of initiatives that I’m passionate about:
- The Town Center, Erie Gateway, and other major commercial developments to ensure our economic sustainability,
- Addressing the housing crisis head-on, so that people can afford to work, live, and thrive in our community, and
- Advocating for Erie’s interests at the regional and state levels.
- Undergraduate degree in Molecular, Cellular, and Developmental Biology from the University of Colorado at Boulder.
- Graduate work in computational biology and exploratory data analysis at University of Colorado at Denver.
- 30 years experience as an enterprise software developer, product manager, and entrepreneur.
- 4 years as a Trustee for the Town of Erie. No other candidate has 4+ years of experience in dealing with Town staff, land developers, and other elected officials.
- Board liaison to the Tree Board, 2018-2020.
- Board liaison to the Sustainability Advisory Board, 2018-present.
- Board liaison to the Erie Maker Space initiative, 2021-present.
- Board liaison to Colorado Communities for Climate Action (CC4CA), 2020-present.
- Board member, Being Better Neighbors, 2022-present.
- Frequently testifies at Colorado Oil & Gas Conservation Commission (COGCC), Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment (CDPHE), Air Quality Control Commission (AQCC), and State Legislature bill hearings to represent the interests of Erie residents.
- The only Board member to attend every regular meeting in the last 4 years, and the only Board member to attend every Memorial Day ceremony at Mount Pleasant Cemetery since I was elected.
Results as a Trustee
- Adopted Town Center plan and development guide.
- Settled Nine Mile intergovernmental agreement.
- Updated oil & gas regulations. In November 2020, the Board approved updates to the Town’s Unified Development Code regarding oil & gas exploration. I constantly challenged Town staff, our oil & gas attorney, and the rest of the Board to enact the most protective measures possible, as granted to us as a statutory Town and by the provisions of SB19-181.
- Enacted air quality monitoring. In August 2021, the Town of Erie finally contracted with Boulder Air and Ajax Analytics to provide air quality monitoring across Erie to measure pollutants, volatile organic compounds (VOCs), and other contributors to poor air quality. I spearheaded this effort that has now given Erie a seat at the table with Boulder County, Broomfield, Longmont, and other municipalities that are working together to monitor air quality across the North Metro region. While air quality monitoring is no end goal, we will use this empirical data to create and enforce stronger regulations at the municipal, county, and state levels.
- Added Martin Luther King Day as Town holiday. At the Tuesday, November 12, 2019 Board of Trustees meeting, we passed Resolution 19-563, Recognizing Martin Luther King Jr. Day as a Town Observed Holiday and Adding a Floating Holiday to the Town’s Benefit Package.
- Established Pride month declaration, flags.
- Acquired Schofield, Wise open spaces.
- Ensured pandemic financial stability.